I absolutely looove Sherlock (BBC’s version ofc), and you all really need to watch it. Season 4 just premiered, so it is the perfect time to start it.
You expect it to be about an old man smoking his pipe, but it isn’t like that at all. It’s set in modern-day London, and follows Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock and Martin Freeman as his side-kick John Watson. I’ve collected all the reasons it’s so great, let’s just get into it.
- It has amazing characters, while still being extremely action-packed. I need good characters in my TV/books, and this definitely has that.
- Sherlock is SO funny. He’s a pure genius with no understanding for human emotions and behaviour what so ever. He is always very conscious of his appearance, and this all makes him extremely funny, which absolutely isn’t intended.
- How amazing it is every time John puts Sherlock in place or teases him.
“You, being all mysterious with your cheekbones and turning your coat collar up so you look cool.”-John Watson
- Just how annoying Sherlock is every time he shows off (which he does constantly), and just how much you love him for it – and how funny it is.
- Seeing Sherlock getting annoyed with his brother, Mycroft, because he is the only person smarter than him.
- John and Sherlock’s relationship. It’s what makes the whole show.
- How excited Sherlock gets every time there’s a new tricky case.
“Four serial suicides and now a note! It’s Christmas!”-Sherlock
- You never get bored, things are always happening.
- Moriarty, the sassiest villain on earth, and how we all love to hate him with passion.
- The mysteries are incredible, and there is no way you will ever solve them.
- John’s constant need to tell people he’s not gay.
- All the times Sherlock can figure out everything about a person in about 2 seconds – and how impressed you are every single time.
- Just how great it is, and how you need to WATCH THIS SHOW.
I just watched the first episode in season 4 and I’m working on a spoilery discussion for all of you who already are wathcing this.