This was actually one of the first posts I ever wrote, but I never got around to post it because I did not want one of my first posts to be about what I dislike, but now I am ready to share! Please do not be offended by any of my opinions, obviously a lot of people disagree with what I mean since this is my unpopular opinions. 🙂
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
Ok so I have surprisingly many for this. I’m going to count down from least popular to most popular.
- I read all three books in the Hex Hall-trilogy in less than five days, but they were not any good at all. I enjoyed the first one a little bit but the rest was just…
- I read two books in the Uglies series and I just didn’t enjoy them… I didn’t like the concept.
- The whole concept in the The Selection-series is honestly just silly. I started them because I had heard about them, but I honestly thought everyone felt the same way as I. They didn’t.
- The most popular book I really didn’t enjoy was Divergent. I pushed through and read all of this book but it was just too slow and I did not enjoy reading it. I never DNF book but if I was a person who did I would have DNF’ed this. It dragged too much and it was just boring.. I am sorry, I know you all love this book but I really saw it as a bad version of The Hunger Games.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Ok so everyone seems to hate The Maze Runner and even though I haven’t continued on with the series and I’m not planning to ever do that, I really did enjoy the first book in this series.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I do not enjoy the OTP in Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Karou and Akiva just annoyed me honestly. I just don’t like either of them very much and the part of the story from the past just made it so stupid for me. I think I’m going to continue the series anyway.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
I don’t read a lotSci-Fi. It’s not because, I don’t enjoy it I just read Fantasy mostly I guess – but I want to read more!
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
I had trouble choosing this but I finally settled on Jace. I do like him but I also find him really annoying.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Ok, so I have only read one book by this author, but I really didn’t like it at all. This book was American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It was a very big book – 600 pages – and I ended up giving it one star on Goodreads. I’m going to need a lot of convincing to ever read another book by Neil Gaiman.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
As you can see in my first question there is a lot of dystopian books I don’t like. Maybe I’m not a fan of the genre, even though I love The Hunger Games and An Ember in the Ashes. I just find a lot of the societies are very similar. Like there are a lot of societies where the population is divided into groups (Divergent, THG, Selection). I don’t know if you can call it a trope but I am just so tired of cliche dystopian books…
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
I am never going to read Vampire Academy. First of all it just sounds like Twilight 2.0. Maybe it’s not but a) I don’t want to read about vampires and b) I have heard bad things from people whom opinions I trust.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefere than the book?
My first thought is definitely The Vampire Diaries. I really enjoyed this show, the should have stopped it some seasons ago but the first ones where amazing. I tried to read the books because of the show but I never ended up liking them.
I hope you enjoyed 🙂 Which popular book did you dislike?